Group Camp 2020
Location and details to be confirmed, but in the meanwhile:-
The camp will likely run from 10:00 on Saturday 23rd May through to 15:00 on Monday 25th May. Please try and arrive in good time to get your child(ren) and their kit from the car park and signed in/any medicines handed over etc. BY 10:00 on Saturday.
If you can help us get the tents and kit to the site please let us know – the plan is to meet at the school on Friday evening (18:00 – 18:30) and load up ready to take it to the campsite on Saturday morning.
Tents will be provided for Beavers/Cubs and Scouts, BUT NOT FOR PARENTS, LEADERS or SIBLINGS – you need to bring your own.
The kit list for young people and some other bits and pieces of useful info is below:
Equipment required at the camp – to be packed in a rucksack (or similar). If you need more than one container, please DO NOT use labelled/unlabelled dustbin liners, as these have a tendency to go missing.
- TEDDY BEAR
- Uniform (to be worn when travelling to and from camp)
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Mat (e.g. Karrimat)
- Personal washing kit in waterproof bag
- Towels – not too large
- T-Shirts (include one with long sleeves)
- Shorts – these are standard wear at camp, so bring more than one pair
- Long trousers (NOT jeans as these are difficult to dry and can be dangerous on some activities)
- Waterproof and windproof anorak or coat
- Spare underwear and socks
- Pullovers – include one for sleeping in (it can be cold at night even in summer)
- Training shoes or plimsolls
- Strong boots or shoes for walking
- Unbreakable mug, plate, bowl, knife, fork, spoon & teaspoon (marked in a way that will withstand rough washing up)
- Tea towel
- Torch and spare batteries
- Plastic bags for clean and dirty clothes
- Wire coat hanger and two clothes pegs
- Wellington boots
- Water bottle
- Small day sack for hike
YOU MAY WISH TO BRING:
- Blanket (for extra warmth under your sleeping bag)
- Suntan lotion and insect repellent
- Sun hat
- Book or magazine to read
- Camera and spare batteries
Pocket money is NOT required. There is nothing to spend it on!
Please note: No sheath knives or pocketknives are permitted. No mobile phones. Any electrical equipment is brought at your own risk and will be impounded if the leaders consider that it is causing a nuisance. Computer games, pocket televisions etc. are forbidden.
Please DO NOT pack sweets or extra food – we have several cubs with allergies and food in tents encourages insects. Your child(ren) will not starve!
Our insurance does not cover personal possessions and property.
Any questions – please email me by clicking here.